Friday, June 10, 2011

Greetings from Bangkok!


It is Thursday, 6am and the temperature is already 28 degrees. I'm looking over today's list of meetings and this evening's sightseeing itinerary and it will be a day of full day of fun, food and lots of education about Thailand.

I had departed Vancouver on an early Monday China Airlines red eye flight. During my years in the industry I have had the opportunity to fly with most airlines to Asia and this flight was one of my more memorable ones. The cabin crew were attentive and the in-flight entertainment was great. Surprisingly, there were many popular English speaking movies to chose from and the bathrooms were cleaned on a regular basis.

However, the thing that I enjoyed the most about this flight were the connection and arrival times. Where most of the other Asia carriers arrive Bangkok late at night, I had a short 90 minute stopover in Taipei and arrived in Bangkok at 10am allowing for more fun time.
Passing through Thailand immigration was quick and painless. After meeting our smiling guide Lek at the arrival hall we set off for a 40 minute ride to our hotel, the 1 year young Renaissance Hotel. This property is beautifully decorated and centrally located. Neighboring hotels include the Grand Hyatt, Intercontinental and the Four Seasons.

After a light lunch it was massage time. For just under CAD 30 I enjoyed a 90 minute massage at one of the many spas that Thailand is famous for. And so this has been my routine for the past few days: eat, work, sightsee and massage. Not bad for a day at the office...

Regards,

Otis Ashby
Sales & Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment