Thursday, November 25, 2010

Managing Jetlag


Being in the travel business, my friends and colleagues frequently ask me how do I deal with jetlag when travelling to Asia. So I thought I would share my travel tips with you.

1. Adjust your internal and external clock before you board the plane. When travelling to Asia I try to minimize the amount of time I sleep on the plane as most flights arrive in the afternoon/evening. By the time I have cleared customs, picked up my bags and checked into my hotel, it is time for a light dinner and then bedtime!

2. Take short naps, but never for more than an hour. This is probably the hardest thing to do as your body is desperately asking for more sleep.

3. Do not sleep in late and try to be active first thing in the morning. Taking an early morning walking tour is a great way to see the city and get some fresh air and sunlight.

4. Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.

5. Try to avoid caffeine. Let your body try to find its natural sleep rhythm, adding a cup of joe will delay the adjustment.

Best regards,

Otis Ashby
Sales & Operations

No comments:

Post a Comment